To create a business website that effectively attracts your ideal clients, drives traffic, collects contact details and generates the online sales you want, we chat with digital media consultant Fi Bendall.
Fi Bendall will be on the panel at “Pitch Your Website” in Sydney
Q1: What features do you need to consider before starting a website?
The most important focus at every stage of website development are your Customers and how they will use the site. Ask what is the most important features to attract your customers and make your investment in your website really work for you.
Equally important is how your customers are going to find your site – publish your URL everywhere – especially offline!!
Q2: How do you asses a websites effectiveness for a business?
Customer usability – how functional and usable is it. I think Amazon.com is THE world class example of a great site, that is not focussed on flash design, but on usability to purchase
Q3: Which small business websites do you rate as EFFECTIVE WEBSITES?
A little female skewed!
Q4: How important is social media integration in websites these days? and how can they make best use of it?
Online is social media, so obviously it is an integrated part of being online. Small business can also compete as marketers with big business on a level playing field using social media
Best top 5 uses:
1. Build your own profile as a subject matter expert through sites, such as Twitter and a wordpress blog
2. Find and connect with like minded people, a small community can generate big returns
3. So much of social media offers free open source web platforms, to build your site, and to promote your site – get practical training – ask a more established blogger to help you
4. Mix your search marketing with social marketing – each will help with results
5. Understand what each platform can be used for and how they inter-relate to create an action. Being on Facebook is being on Facebook – ask how it will drive high quality leads to your main web-site for example.
Q5: For those pitching their website at the event, what will you be reviewing and critiquing?
Engagement – Techniques to acquire, convert and retain customers
Q6: If people want to know more about you or contact you, where do they go?
Get expert feedback from Fi Bendall at Pitch your Website or attend as a guest – CLICK HERE